[asdf-devel] customize compilation settings for an external system

Alistair Gee alistair.gee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:43:01 UTC 2012

My ASDF system depends on some external systems, e.g. clsql-mysql. I want
to compile these external systems with particular optimization settings so
I have, in my ASD file:

  ;;; When compiling external systems (and by default), use these
optimization settings:
  (declaim (optimize (compilation-speed 0) (speed 3) (safety 1) (debug 0)
(space 0)))

  (defsystem :my-system
    :depends-on (:clsql-mysql ...)
  )

Unfortunately, the compilation of clsql-mysql at these optimization
settings produces some SBCL optimization notes that I want to muffle. Is it
possible to muffle the warnings for just clsql-mysql but not for my-system?
I suspect that there is some way to use an :around or :before method to
control the compilation of external systems, but I could not figure this
out from the ASDF manual.

TIA