[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.27 release candidate

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 18:14:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> OK, so 2.26.45 is my new release candidate for ASDF 2.27.
>> Please grab it and test it.
>
> It still breaks gbbopen and fset.

Ouch. I will work with the authors to resolve these issues.
FSet clearly relies on buggy behavior for no good reason, and the author
was provided a simple patch.
I'll work with the authors of each failing package to get a fix in before I
release.

> It still seems to trigger the package-at-variance issue in weblocks and
> other projects.

OK, I will try to build everything with qlmapper before I issue a new
release candidate.

> If the new ASDF isn't backwards-compatible with existing projects, I'm
> not inclined to update the ASDF that Quicklisp fetches any time soon.

Indeed and for good measure. I won't consider ASDF ready for release until
all maintained packages work with it.

Thanks for the testing and apologies for the brokenness.