[asdf-devel] failures with 2.26.36

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 04:55:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Here are a few failures:
>
>   - Weblocks: http://report.quicklisp.org/weblocks/2012-12-20/failtail.txt

I could not reproduce this one. The mention of SWANK suggests some
previous use of SLIME.
Did you previously try to compile weblocks while in SLIME?

>   - GBBopen also has the issue with :PARENT in the system file

GBBopen is trying to do something unnecessarily complex with its asdf setup.
I'll contact Dan Corkill to slash through this complexity.
I haven't looked at the other ones in detail, but they

In the meantime, I've moved the parent slot from child-component to component,
to improve backward compatibility.

With this change, hu.dwim.reiterate and lisp-executable-example also pass.

folio depends on fset, which needs to be fixed in its gratuitous abuse of ASDF.

>   - hu.dwim.reiterate:
>     http://report.quicklisp.org/hu.dwim.reiterate/2012-12-20/failtail.txt
>   - lisp-executable-example has the same :PARENT issue
>   - folio: http://report.quicklisp.org/folio/2012-12-20/failtail.txt
>
> I don't really understand 'em, just passing them along.

"I think sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it." — Monty Python