[asdf-devel] File type problem with the latest ASDF

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:10:31 UTC 2012

The FSet failure is due to its using (:system "misc-extensions")
amongst its components.
That's always been invalid, I wonder how it could ever possibly work,
and I'm not willing to kluge ASDF into keeping supporting it.
misc-extensions is already present in the depends-on,
which is the correct place for it to be.

Scott, can you fix that? Just remove that bogus component.

PortableAserve and Jwacs and probably many others were failing because
they use an ASDF1-only recipe for defining source-file type,
unhappily propagated by the asdf.texinfo itself (mea culpa),
which broke when I made system not inherit from module anymore. Sigh.
I reluctantly restored system as a subclass of module for now (2.26.36),
but I'll be contacting the authors so they fix their system definitions.

For pretty much every writer, the big problem isn't piracy, it's obscurity.
        — Tim O'Reilly, as cited by Cory Doctorow