[asdf-devel] prepare-op

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:16:16 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I don't know what to say, except: "if you've been installing SBCL from
>> updated source, you might have to recompile some contrib".
>
> I'd prefer something less disruptive, please.

You want me to special case the detection that SBCL contribs built
from an updated source may be out of date?
That's not going to be very clean. How many people build from updated
source, and if they do how hard is it
for them to rebuild from source and/or get write permissions to let
ASDF update sb-md5.fasl in its installed location?
Is that kluge worth it? I'm not even sure how to do it. Do you have a
better solution?

The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday, but never jam today.
                — Lewis Carroll