[asdf-devel] prepare-op

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:17:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

>>> What is the correct way now to indicate that a file is part of a system,
>>> but should only be compiled if a given feature is present?
>>>
>> It appears that the SBCL contrib SB-ROTATE-BYTE uses :IF-COMPONENT-DEP-FAILS.
>> In the spirit of not breaking everyone's existing SBCL installation,
>> I have implemented *limited* compatibility with :IF-COMPONENT-DEP-FAILS
>> in ASDF 2.26.27, sufficient to cover the usage observed in the wild.
>
> I'm trying to build my software with 2.26.28, and I get this:
>
>     ASDF could not load sb-cover because
>     error opening #P"/usr/local/lib/sbcl/sb-md5/md5-ASDF-TMP.fasl":
>       Permission denied.
>
> What should I do?

It works for me. I suspect you might not have compiled sb-md5 from clean,
and due to that bug I fixed in 2.26.9 which required a substantial refactoring,
ASDF can now see that file was not up-to-date, when it couldn't see it earlier.
Can you recompile this contrib from clean, either in place (by getting
proper access rights)
or in another directly from which you reinstall afterwards?

Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be.