[asdf-devel] prepare-op

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:14:46 UTC 2012

>> Casualties of the cleanup were :feature and :if-component-dep-fails.
>> They were just horrible things.
>
> FYI, the sb-rotate-byte contrib in SBCL uses :if-component-dep-fails.

I've contacted the SBCL maintainers. Hopefully they will revert to
#+x86-64 and such until a new asdf is universal. But that begs the
question: how do we support old versions... and should we try?

I can imagine plenty of horribly klugy ways to make it work, but... ouch.

I'd rather write programs that write programs than write programs — Dick Sites