[asdf-devel] Merging asdf-bundle into asdf

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 00:45:28 UTC 2012

I merged asdf-bundle into asdf 2.26.7.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks! Basically it works the same that we already had, but for all
> implementations, am I right? What I mean is, do I need to change anything in
> ECL?

Yes, load-fasl-op will work
on all active implementations instead of just ECL.
Other bundle operations haven't been tested.
Prologue and epilogue features are only available with ECL at this point.

For ECL, you just have to stop compiling and linking separate files
for asdf-bundle (née asdf-ecl) — it's all in one place.

Which brings me to my next question:
SCL is planning to bundle its variant of asdf-encodings with its asdf.
Shall I similarly just merge asdf-encoding into asdf?
Once again, it's about 20KiB more.

Finally, I'm tired of dependent systems not being recompiled when
a dependency has changed. I intend to modify this behavior.
If anyone really wants the old behavior, tell me,
I'll add a flag to restore the old (buggy) behavior if it's set.

"Don't take me, don't tax thee, tax the fellow behind the tree."
   — Senator Russell B. Long, chair of the Senate Finance Committee,
      summarizing the principle of "tax reform" legislation.