[asdf-devel] Please test asdf in view of 2.24 release

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 23:29:13 UTC 2012

Dear Lispers,

I'd like to release ASDF 2.24 some time next week. Since last release 2.23,
the improvements are mostly related to portability:

* ACL: handle SMP vs non-SMP builds in Allegro 9.0
* MKCL: add support for ManKai Common Lisp
* ECL: merge improvements from ECL git. Refactor ECL support somewhat.
* Remove broken-fasl-support: first, cormanlisp is supposed to have fixed it;
  second, cormanlisp is dead;
  third, one can now (setf *load-system-operation* 'load-source-op) instead.
* renaming ends-with to string-suffix-p to avoid conflict with alexandria.
* Refactor load-system to use *load-system-operation*,
  and change require-system and module-provide-asdf to use that.

Also note:
* We recommend you use asdf-utils to access the utilities in asdf.
  Some time next year, we may stop exporting the utilities from asdf itself.
* To avoid conflicts between alexandria, fare-utils, xcvb-driver,
asdf-utils, etc.,
 you can use xcvb-utils that solves the conflicts.
 Or you can use fare-utils:define-package-mix that will help you
automatically resolve them.

In reviewing the history of the English Government, its wars and its taxes,
a bystander, not blinded by prejudice nor warped by interest, would declare
that taxes were not raised to carry on wars, but that wars were raised
to carry on taxes.		— Thomas Paine, "Rights of Man"