[asdf-devel] Fwd: Faster loading for deployed systems?

Erik Pearson erik at defun-web.com
Sun Apr 22 23:23:51 UTC 2012

Hi Robert,

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Erik Pearson <erik at defun-web.com> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Thanks for the Sunday afternoon reply.
>
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>wrote:
>
>> On 4/22/12 Apr 22 -3:47 PM, Faré wrote:
>> > Dear Erik,

>> is
>> every
>> >>
>> > I don't think that's true, but my head hurts just thinking about it

Sorry, this was me being confused by my own tracing of asdf operations, and
not thinking before I typed. I had placed a debugging line in the call to
"safe-file-write-date" to see how ofen this is called in during a load. I
thought it was not being called on source files just .asd files, but this
was incorrect. I had probably already changed something, or been confused
about the multiple calls made on systems -- the first call will get the
file write date on both source and compiled (if any), but subsequent calls
only on the compiled.

Erik.