[asdf-devel] Please test 2.20.16

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:24:01 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 18:47, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Faré, is there any chance this is an error that happens when ASDF is
> replacing itself, i.e., upgrade rather than just build?
>
> When I compile asdf from new (using COMPILE-FILE and LOAD), although I
> get the unreachable code warnings, ASDF compiles and loads, which
> suggests a possible upgrade issue.

It's very possible that the upgrade doesn't work well on CMUCL.
I realize that the test-upgrade target in the Makefile
doesn't try loading asdf the asdf way.
I probably wrote it before I changed asdf.asd to load-source-op asdf.lisp
before it will compile and load it. Sigh. More tests needed.

You can try modifying on #+cmu the behavior for redefined-functions from
    (ensure-fmakunbound p redefined-functions)
    (ensure-unintern p redefined-functions)
and see if it works better.

In any case, and even if this workaround works,
it still sounds like a bug in CMUCL.

An anarchist is a man who is careful to always use pedestrian crossings,
because he utterly detests talking with policemen. — Georges Brassens