[asdf-devel] Please test 2.20.16

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 20:31:36 UTC 2012

On 4/21/12 1:13 PM, Faré wrote:
>> Yeah, I was on the wrong branch.  With the master branch, make lisp
>> fails because when cmucl compiles asdf, there are a few notes which I
>> guess are warnings.  If you modify compile-asdf.lisp to ignore the
>> warnings (like it already does for ecl and scl), then the tests can
>> proceed.  At the end I get:
>>
> Interesting.
> In 2.20.15 (last Monday), I had to ignore similar warnings on SCL.
> There used to not be warnings.
> No "WARNING" message shows, only compiler notes.
> Are they the warnings? Isn't it a bug that
> they should count as warnings rather than say mere style-warnings?

Hard to say.  The notes are about code not reached.  Depending on what
is not reachable, they could be serious errors or just innocuous notes.

> In any case, I've just disabled bork-on-warning on CMUCL as well as SCL.
>
>> -#---------------------------------------
>> Using cmulisp -noinit -batch
>> Ran 39 tests:
>>  39 passing and 0 failing
>> all tests apparently successful
>> -#---------------------------------------
>>
>> This is with CMU Common Lisp snapshot-2012-04 (20C Unicode) running on
>> OSX 10.6.8.  This is, of course, the "official" build from common-lisp.net.
>>
> I don't see that snapshot on the download page;
> but browsing the site by editing existing linked URLs, I find
> http://common-lisp.net/project/cmucl/downloads/snapshots/2012/04/
>
> And yes, it works for me, too, with the 2012-04 snapshot. Yay!
> But as reported a few days ago, it was borking for me on vanilla 20c.
>
> Can you link the working snapshot from the download page?
> That beats offering a failing release as first choice.

As I mentioned already to Robert, I have failed to update the pages on
www.cmucl.org and www.cons.org/cmucl.  The trac.common-lisp.net/cmucl
page is more up-to-date.

Ray