[asdf-devel] logical pathname fixes

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 04:57:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 23:23, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> OK, I pulled the update to the test and reran the tests (Mac OS X 10.6) on
>
> clisp sbcl ecl abcl allegro allegromodern
>
> all succeed.
>
> CCL 1.8 fails badly: 10 tests fail.  Any chance that plugging in the
> logical pathnames fixes busted loading on CCL?  Even test1.script fails:

I believe the problem is due to the file test1.lisp being compiled
either as a logical or physical pathname, with the pathname being
saved for debugging purposes, and the loading failing when it was
compiled as logical but loaded without the translations being setup.

If you clear your fasl cache, things should work again.

For a permanent workaround, we could have test-logical-pathname not
share system and file with non-logical-pathname test.

For a real fix, we should examine how the asdf-output-translations
interact with logical-pathnames. I thought that the idea was that if
you use logical pathnames, then you are responsible for your own
output translations. This error suggests that logical-pathnames are
resolved at some point and asdf-output-translations take it from
there, which might not be what we want (or then again, might).

-#f
drug, n:
        A substance that, injected into a rat, produces a scientific paper.