[asdf-devel] source file encoding

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:43:19 UTC 2012

>> No. Library authors have *already* largely adopted UTF-8.
>> See previous analysis by Orivej Desh:
>>       "I did a ckeck of quicklisp systems.
>>         There are 263 lisp files in 107 systems which assume non-ASCII,
>>         and only 31 of them in 20 systems assume non-UTF-8"
>
> I saw those statistics.  I have no idea what "assume non-ASCII" means.
> That there are files that have non-ascii characters in them?  And that
> only 31 files are not in utf-8 already?

Yes, of which only 13 files were actually managed by ASDF as opposed
to examples, one is a MCL-only file that doesn't support UTF-8 anyway,
two have already been fixed, and the rest are only latin1 or such in
comments. Bugs filed for all the other systems (but no response so
far).

IOW, I believe we're mostly arguing about a non-issue.