[asdf-devel] ECL patches

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Sep 16 21:54:38 UTC 2011

On 9/13/11 Sep 13 -10:59 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info
> <mailto:rpgoldman at sift.info>> wrote:
>
>     Is there a way to specifically run the tests on ecl using the byte
>     compiler?  If not, should we develop such a capability and add it to our
>     test suite?
>

> I do not think this has been actually considered in the ASDF sources,
> but activating the bytecodes compiler (if it does not come active by
> default) is just
>
> (ext::install-bytecodes-compiler)
>
> while loading the ordinary compiler is done through
>
> (require :cmp)

Currently, when we test ECL, we do neither of these (as far as I can tell).

Would we want to make two different versions of the ECL tests, as follows:

ecl-bytecomp : first compile and load asdf, then call
INSTALL-BYTECODES-COMPILER, then run the tests.

ecl : first (require :CMP), then compile and load asdf, then run tests.

Question:  does this recipe FORCE us to have the right compiler for the
tests?

thanks,