[asdf-devel] Suggested patches for ASDF

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:18:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 18:53, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 18:33, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>> > Question:  any objection to modifying your patch so that we have
>> > something like:
>> >
>> > #+ecl
>> > (defun use-ecl-byte-compiler-p ()
>> >  (member :ecl-bytecomp *features*))
>> > #-ecl
>> > (defun use-ecl-byte-compiler-p ()
>> >  nil)
>> >
>> > and then call the function in place of the member query in other code?
>> >
>> No. Juanjo will confirm, but
>> IIUC it can change at runtime after having loaded ASDF, so it's
>
> Yes, the change may happen after ASDF is loaded, without problems.
>

>> #+ecl
>> (defun use-ecl-bytecode-compiler-p ()
>>  (member :ecl-bytecmp *features*))
>
> Isn't this the same as the code above?

If by "the code above" you mean your original patch and my merge
thereof, then yes it is the same, with just a tiny bit of refactoring.
If by "the code above" you mean Robert's version with #+ecl, then no,
it's different, since Robert's version resolves the features at
read-time; by the time the features are updated, it's then too late
for ASDF to change its mind.