[asdf-devel] Unexpected behavior when loading different versions of a system

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Wed Sep 7 03:37:02 UTC 2011

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Robert P. Goldman wrote:

> P.S. I'd be interested in feedback about the use I made of git here.  I
> *could* have squashed the series of commits that ended up with the patch
> you see here, but in the end, I decided that it might be helpful for
> people to see in the history the blind alley that I pursued, because it
> seemed like a simpler fix to begin with.

db16d0..8f5e2d

I frequently like my history to show stuff like this.  Some people prefer
a clean, "always works" history.  One approach is to treat the development
work as a branch and merge it back into master with the summary message
you would use in the squash.  I think this caters to both styles.

- Daniel