[asdf-devel] Unexpected behavior when loading different versions of a system

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Sep 2 03:07:14 UTC 2011

OK, I have investigated, and I see what's wrong.  The ABSOLUTE-PATHNAME
slot of COMPONENT acts like a kind of cache (it's filled by resolving
the RELATIVE-PATHNAME), but it is not being cleared when the system is
reloaded.

I have a proposed patch that involves a REINITIALIZE-INSTANCE :AFTER
method on COMPONENT, and it seems to fix the problem.  I am just
finishing up a test case (as usual, the bugs in the test script are
harder to find than the bugs in ASDF!), and expect to push a fix tonight
or tomorrow morning.

cheers,