[asdf-devel] OS X test results on latest ASDF

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Oct 23 18:47:51 UTC 2011

On 10/22/11 Oct 22 -2:09 PM, Faré wrote:
>> The only possible betterness is that it parses out the blocks that say
>> what the results are, so that you don't have to read through the full
>> clutter (which is available in a /tmp file).  You saw what the script
>> drops to standard output.
> The current `make test-all` stops at the first failing Lisp implementation.
> Not great, but at least makes failure obvious.
>
>> Question: would it be reasonable to change the makefile to something like
>>
>> lisps ?= ${ASDF-TEST-LISPS}
>>
>> (I may well have the syntax wrong here)
>>
>> so that people can do
>>
>> export ASDF-TEST-LISPS "ccl clisp sbcl ecl cmucl abcl allegro allegromodern"
>>
>> in their shell configuration?
>>
> Wish granted.

Hm.  This seems to behave differently from simple run-tests.  E.g.,
run-tests works fine for me, finding CCL from environment variables, but
'make-test-all-lisps` fails, being unable to find ccl...

The problem is in test-upgrade, invoked by test-all-lisps.

run-tests.sh ccl does:

    command="${CCL:-ccl}"

but test-upgrades does:

use_ccl () { li="ccl --quiet --load test/script-support" ; ev="--eval" ;
} ; \

Also, I find that for some lisps test-upgrades mistakenly loads my lisp
init, causing spurious fails in some cases.

Makefile patch attached.