[asdf-devel] OS X test results on latest ASDF

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Oct 21 21:32:36 UTC 2011

On 10/21/11 Oct 21 -3:56 PM, Faré wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 15:56, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>> I.e., only ECL is failing any of the scripts.  That's actually more a
>> bug with my test --- ECL will never be able to capture STDERR.  Attached
>> is a proposed test modification.
>>
> That modification was already included in 07ad929 (right after 2.017.21).
>
>> P.S. I have a dead-simple perl script that cycles through a configurable
>> set of lisp impementations, running all the tests.  If I can get it
>> tidied, I will make it publicly available.
>>
> Is it better than
> 	make test-all lisps="ccl clisp sbcl ecl cmucl abcl scl allegro"

Not sure.  I am not fully trained on your make scripts.

The only possible betterness is that it parses out the blocks that say
what the results are, so that you don't have to read through the full
clutter (which is available in a /tmp file).  You saw what the script
drops to standard output.

Question: would it be reasonable to change the makefile to something like

lisps ?= ${ASDF-TEST-LISPS}

(I may well have the syntax wrong here)

so that people can do

export ASDF-TEST-LISPS "ccl clisp sbcl ecl cmucl abcl allegro allegromodern"

in their shell configuration?

cheers,