[asdf-devel] asdf and windows vs unix on abcl

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 16:00:54 UTC 2011

ABCL is special in that it can run on either Windows or Unix.

The problem is that ASDF 2.017 determines which of Windows or Unix at
compile-time, which causes confusion when ABCL's builtin ASDF is
compiled on Windows and used on Unix or vice-versa. And I can tell
your binary was definitely produced on Windows.

(I found this issue while testing cl-launch. I also noticed that you
fixed your ext:*command-line-argument-list* albeit in a necessarily
incompatible way.)

I suppose the solution is that the test of unixness vs windowsness
should happen at runtime. Crazy.