[asdf-devel] Dependency does not trigger recompilation

Andreas Fuchs asf at boinkor.net
Wed Oct 12 16:34:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 09:06, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I apologize in advance for the stupid newbie question that follows.
> I have the two systems below. When I change a file in cl-farm, it recompiles
> it, but when I demand loading of cl-farm-test again, ASDF does not recompile
> it, even though its dependency has changed. Why? Is this expected.

It is normal behavior for ASDF: Recompilation will only ever be
triggered for components in the same module. (I'm not saying it's a
good thing!)

There are a few architectural reasons for this (I have only a vague
recollection about them, but they're there )-:). I believe there's not
much that can be done about it, save rewriting your systems
(asdf-dependency-grovel was made in part for this reason - to merge
systems/modules into one), or rewriting asdf.

--
Andreas Fuchs, (http://|im:asf@|mailto:asf@)boinkor.net, antifuchs