[asdf-devel] asdf:run-shell-command - fix, delete or don't touch?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:41:35 UTC 2011

In 2.017.11, I fixed the allegro version of asdf:run-shell-command on Unix.
I also changed the way that same function is broken on Windows
so at least it gives users some control, and behaves in a more
regular way across implementations — i.e. some may call CMD,
some may try to call sh instead, but at least you control exactly
what's given to either interpreter, rather than have it garbled.

In the comments I also declare the function deprecated and recommend
xcvb-driver:run-program/process-output-stream and derivatives as replacement.

Now to get xcvb-driver in Quicklisp and contact clients to stop using
this mostly broken function...

I don't know if might makes right, but lack of might sure makes lack of right.