[asdf-devel] Best place to put a new config file?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 23:12:56 UTC 2011

>>: Xach
>: Faré

>> Is this functionality likely to be available via exported symbols in the
>> future?
>>
> Tell me what API you want, I'll give you one.
> There was already an (unexported) API of sorts for read-only operations:
>
> user-output-translations-pathname ()
> system-output-translations-pathname ()
> user-output-translations-directory-pathname ()
> system-output-translations-directory-pathname ()
>
> These functions looked for the first configuration file or directory
> in the list that actually existed.
>
> What about having these functions take a keyword argument
> :direction which when it is :output, returns the first thing in the list
> that you may create? Or something like that.
>
> I suppose you'd want these functions exported, too.

OK, I implemented this API in 2.018.7.
If it suits you, I'll update the documentation.
Otherwise, please tell me what you would like it to look like.

History is about learning what was once topical news. Knowing what is topical
news currently, you can only be struck with horror at the thought of learning
thousands years worth of it...