[asdf-devel] MCL issue

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun May 29 23:21:37 UTC 2011

> That's fine, of course. I only object to the ASDF 2 documentation seemingly promoting a particular approach for which there is not necessarily a community-wide consensus that it's the best one under all circumstances.

Logical pathnames are not recommended because there is no documentation
on how to use them. If you want them to be more supported than they are,
you pretty much will have to support them yourself.

Please write the documentation on how to use them, and then commit
to answering the questions of newbies who'll try to use them.
Having little experience with them, except to get rid of them
when James Anderson tried to introduce them in a large project
where they couldn't fit, I am unfit to provide this support.

Truth comes as conqueror only to those who have lost the art of receiving it
as friend. — Tagore