[asdf-devel] [quicklisp] bad interaction with new ASDF 2.015 and Quicklisp

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus.siivola at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:12:26 UTC 2011

On 11 May 2011 21:47, Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus.siivola at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 May 2011 19:56, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, ASDF 2.015.2 should now be clever enough to avoid any such
>> infinite loop. If you can reproduce the previously bad setup with the
>> new ASDF and check that it's now working, that'd be great.
>
> Works for my test-case. I've updated SBCL with 2.015.2.

Ok, I don't know why I didn't notice this before... but it's not over yet.

There is another -- very similar -- issue that causes trouble if there
are EQL method specialized on the system in the .asd file for the
system in question ... not exactly a rarity.

Try with ITERATE. It recurses endlessly with 2.015.2 between local
installation and Quicklisp one.

The proximate casue is (FIND-SYSTEM :iterate): when the non-quicklisp
.asd is processed, those methods find the Quicklisp definitions, and
vice versa.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus