[asdf-devel] Messages are a bit uglier now

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:57:25 UTC 2011

On 24 March 2011 19:28, Andreas Fuchs <asf at boinkor.net> wrote:

>>    ; Registering #<SYSTEM #:MY-VERY-LONG-SYSTEM-WOO-HOO> as MY-VERY-LONG-SYSTEM-WOO-HOO
>
> Just out of curiosity (I asked this on #lisp before), what is the
> point of repeating the name of the system there? Does the system name
> printed after the "as" ever differ from the printed system's name?

It's redundant indeed. I'm adding an assert in register-system to make
sure it always is,
removing the latter part of the message, and getting rid of the ~@<.

While investigating the issue, I found that my defsystem-depends-on
feature was not robust when the dependency was expressed as a
non-keyword symbol. Oops.

Here comes 2.013.6.

"'Need' now means wanting someone else's money. 'Greed' means wanting to keep
 your own. 'Compassion' is when a politician arranges the transfer."
	— Joseph Sobran