[asdf-devel] Status of :feature

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Mar 23 14:18:31 UTC 2011

On 3/23/11 Mar 23 -4:49 AM, Didier Verna wrote:

>   Hello,
>
> what is the current status of :feature in a list of dependencies? I
> mean, is it safe to replace #+ reader conditionals in the asd file with
> it?
>
> Thanks.

Related bug:  https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/545390

Wasn't there a bug where we said "we should not make people implement
conditional branching by means of exception handling" (which is really
what :if-component-dep-fails is used for)?  I couldn't find it...  If
there isn't one, we should probably add such as an enhancement.  Saying

(:when ....)

is probably a lot better than trying to grok an :if-component-dep-fails
policy....

cheers,