[asdf-devel] 2.013 later this week

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:46:32 UTC 2011

On 14 March 2011 10:14, Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> wrote:
>> * To support Genera, I removed ~@< from our error message format
>> strings. Frankly, I think cuteness matters that much when printing
>> error.
>
> At least few of those messages could benefit from forced newlines as
> an alternative. When running Slime in ~80 character frame error
> message wrapping can be a real usability issue -- impacting many more
> people than availability of Genera support. :)

You're probably right. Or some #. wrapper to add ~@< ~> around a few
of the strings. I'll accept a patch and/or a request for change in
some specific format strings. Use git show 2.012.8 to see which
strings were affected.

Property in ideas is an insoluble contradiction.  [He who complains of
"theft" of his idea] complains that something has been stolen which he
still possesses, and he wants back something which, if given to him a
thousand times, would add nothing to his possession.
    — H. Rentzsch, Geistiges Eigenthum, 1866.