[asdf-devel] pathname case issue ...

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Wed Jun 15 17:42:13 UTC 2011

"Chun Tian (binghe)" <binghe.lisp at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, Faré
>
> Sorry, actually I'm using a old ASDF, now the latest. It's from latest Quicklisp, the version is 2.014.6
>
> I'm on LispWorks. Currently, every time I manually eval a definition, I was prompted that the definition has been redefined from one file to another ...
>
> But if I upgrade to latest ASDF after Quicklisp being loaded, I cannot do ASDF:LOAD-SYSTEM to those packages behind Quicklisp:

[snip]
> Error: Component :IRONCLAD not found, required by #<ASDF:SYSTEM "snmp">
>   1 (continue) Retry loading IRONCLAD.
>   2 (abort) Return to level 0.
>   3 Return to top loop level 0.
>
> Type :b for backtrace or :c <option number> to proceed.
> Type :bug-form "<subject>" for a bug report template or :? for other options.
>
> Here, IRONCLAD was managed by Quicklisp, but I cannot load it any more.

Quicklisp systems are located via a function appended to the end of
ASDF:*SYSTEM-DEFINITION-SEARCH-FUNCTIONS*. It looks like ASDF defines
this variable with DEFPARAMETER, so every time asdf.lisp is loaded, the
value is set to ASDF's initial value. It seems to me that ASDF should
use DEFVAR instead.

You can restore the Quicklisp ASDF system search configuration by
calling (ql:setup).

Zach