[asdf-devel] SBCL 1.0.49 / ASDF 2.015.3 doesn't load my asdf systems anymore

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sun Jun 12 15:21:27 UTC 2011

On 11 Jun 2011, at 18:47, Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

> On 11 June 2011 19:41, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
>
>> Just the one in faslcache. If I ask for that particular file directly
>> (foo:bar;quux.fasl), it will only find the first one and cannot find the
>> second one, so directory returning the second one is misleading.
>
> I have to say that I don't particularly disagree -- but that would be
> have been a more radical change than just fixing the bug in
> pathname-intersection: something to think about a bit more first.

Just to stress this again: I think directory returning the second name is not only misleading, but also incorrect with regard to what the HyperSpec says. The HyperSpec says that directory "[d]etermines which, if any, files that are present in the file system have names matching pathspec". The second file doesn't have a name that matches the given path.

Directory should do something that is equivalent to translate-logical-pathname, it seems to me, because that is what determines the semantics of logical pathname translations and makes such pathnames unambiguous. (cf. also the non-commutativity of pathname-match-p)

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza
The views expressed in this email are my own, and not those of my employer.