[asdf-devel] SBCL 1.0.49 / ASDF 2.015.3 doesn't load my asdf systems anymore

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sat Jun 11 16:41:11 UTC 2011

On 11 Jun 2011, at 15:56, Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

> On 11 June 2011 03:50, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ASDF doesn't introduce logical pathnames, and when you provide them,
>> it makes sure to pass them through to the implementation.
>
> Behaviour of logical pathnames with DIRECTORY is somewhat underspecified.
>
> Given
>
> (setf (logical-pathname-translations "foo")
>      `(("**;*.fasl.*" "/home/foo/faslcache/**/*.fasl")
>        ("**;*.*.*" "/home/foo/**/*.*")))
>
> and existence both
>
>  /home/foo/faslcache/bar/quux.fasl
>  /home/foo/bar/quux.fasl
>
> should
>
>  (directory "foo:bar;x.fasl")
>
> return both, or just the one in faslcache?

Just the one in faslcache. If I ask for that particular file directly (foo:bar;quux.fasl), it will only find the first one and cannot find the second one, so directory returning the second one is misleading.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza
The views expressed in this email are my own, and not those of my employer.