[asdf-devel] SBCL 1.0.49 / ASDF 2.015.3 doesn't load my asdf systems anymore

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sat Jun 11 13:56:11 UTC 2011

On 11 June 2011 03:50, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> ASDF doesn't introduce logical pathnames, and when you provide them,
> it makes sure to pass them through to the implementation.

Behaviour of logical pathnames with DIRECTORY is somewhat underspecified.

Given

(setf (logical-pathname-translations "foo")
      `(("**;*.fasl.*" "/home/foo/faslcache/**/*.fasl")
        ("**;*.*.*" "/home/foo/**/*.*")))

and existence both

  /home/foo/faslcache/bar/quux.fasl
  /home/foo/bar/quux.fasl

should

  (directory "foo:bar;x.fasl")

return both, or just the one in faslcache?

SBCL opts for both (modulo the aforementioned bug), other
implementations may do things differently.

Calling TRANSLATE-LOGICAL-PATHNAME first makes the answer unambiguous
-- just the faslcache one, thanks -- which is why I believe ASDF
should do that prior to calling DIRECTORY.

Cheers,

 -- nikodemus