[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.016 breaks ABCL translations for jar files

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Jun 10 09:31:01 UTC 2011

On 6/10/11 00:57 , Faré wrote:

 > Please try 2.016.1 and see if it satisfies you.

Yes, that works for [ABCL and I have pushed][1].

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13319

 > Pathnames are a big FAIL of CL.

So thinks Stellian as well, so IOLIB tries to get away from.  I admire
CL Pathnames given the different types of abstractions that early 1980s
filesystems had to normalize, but certainly that is scant consolation
for dealing with them in the 2010s.  Certainly it seems that the
behavior of COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME not matching expectations of
MERGE-PATHNAMES is a CL FAIL.  With a little more specification on how
to handle the implementation-specific parts, I think things would be
better off.   At this point, the code of ASDF2 for handling these
differences is probably the most advanced--and widely tested--stab at
such abstraction.  It some point in the future one might consider
breaking it out into a separate library, as it would undoubtedly have
wide utility outside of ASDF.

Thanks again for the help,
Mark

is nothing to compare to it now."