[asdf-devel] Parse a component without loading it

Francisco Vides Fernández fvides at dedaloingenieros.com
Fri Jun 3 12:42:05 UTC 2011

Hi!

I'm working on a project to generate deb packages directly from asdf
files (if it works, will be published open sourced).

I need to parse a component definition form and work with the generated
object, so I'm using asdf::parse-component-form for this, but it first
searches the component (using asdf::find-component) and if it doesn't
exist, then makes a new instance but the desired behaviour in this case
is always generate a fresh instance. I've extended it so it can accept
an optional parameter, 'reuse-instance to get the desired behaviour
(patch attached).

Furthermore, IMHO, asdf::parse-component should be exported so it makes
easier to develop asdf extensions.

Am I missing something? Is the attached patch acceptable?

Thank you

--
+------