[asdf-devel] Testing before release 2.017 ?

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Tue Jul 26 15:59:34 UTC 2011

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> There hasn't been much change since last month's flamewar. I'd like to
> release ASDF 2.017 next weekend.
>
> Can testers test 2.016.3 as release candidate? Thanks!
>
> It passes all my tests, of course, but experience shows they are far
> from sufficient to guarantee workingness in the field.

I cannot load the "clim-listener" system with the latest asdf.lisp and
latest SBCL (1.0.50.3+). A quick way for me to reproduce:

  sbcl --disable-debugger --no-userinit \
       --load asdf.lisp \
       --load ~/quicklisp/setup.lisp \
       --eval '(ql:quickload :clim-listener)' \
       --eval '(sb-ext:quit)'

If I omit "--load asdf.lisp" (which loads the latest asdf.lisp from
git), I am able to load clim-listener without any trouble.

The error is this:

  There is no class named CLIM-LISTENER::TEXT/X-LISP-SYSTEM.

The full transcript is here:

   http://paste.lisp.org/display/123542

Zach