[asdf-devel] ASDF with RMCL?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 14:50:28 UTC 2011

On 21 January 2011 09:30, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
>> Whoa, RMCL seems badly broken. Maybe you should replace TRUENAME with
>> TRUENAMIZE everywhere that matters.
>
> As I said before, this only happens when ASDF 2 is loaded. When ASDF 2 is not loaded, (truename (user-homedir-pathname)) returns a reasonable, although maybe somewhat unusual result.

It doesn't make sense to me how ASDF2 could possibly break RMCL internals.

Wait: could it be an issue inside PROBE-FILE* ?
You might add a #+mcl patch to it.

> ASDF 1 worked fine with RMCL.

I guess this is less incentive to fix bugs.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots.

So far, the Universe is winning.
		— Rich Cook