[asdf-devel] Minor simplification

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 5 22:14:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Please show me your code if you want me to reconsider.
>>

> Please understand that all this is about not *hardcoding* in ASDF what the
> compiler should or should not do. All you are suggesting is about reader
> conditionalization (that means one ASDF file per compiler), hardcoding
> behavior based on externally defined flags (which may or may not exist at
> all in older or later releases), and other things that overcomplicate the
> problem.

Argghh this does not work at all. I did not realize that ASDF's compilation
now uses a temporary file name. That is really unfortunate because it means
we can not really wrap inside compile-file* and also not around
compile-file*, and we have to go back to the level of PERFORM.

Attached is a diff where this customization is thus introduced at the only
place where it makes sense, and it is done using a single special variable
that can be dynamically changed. Seems to work with quicklisp

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)