[asdf-devel] component-class for files selected on basis of *features*

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Wed Dec 7 19:55:27 UTC 2011

I want to define a component class PORT-FILE, to be used like this:

:components ((port-file "ccl" :when :ccl)
             (port-file "clisp" :when :clisp)
             (port-file "sbcl-x86" :when (and :sbcl :x86))
             ...)

The implementation I have adds AROUND methods for

  PERFORM (LOAD-OP PORT-FILE)
  PERFORM (LOAD-SOURCE-OP PORT-FILE)
  PERFORM (COMPILE-OP SOURCE-FILE)

and does CALL-NEXT-METHOD only if the feature test passes -- which
seems to work well enough, but is there a better place to hook into?

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus