[asdf-devel] versioning [was Re: asdf verbosity]

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 16:40:38 UTC 2011

On 28 April 2011 11:55,  <dherring at tentpost.com> wrote:
> - Please slow down the rate for pushing updates into SBCL, etc.  The new
> upgrade features make it easier for end users to get what they need.

Well, as for SBCL in particular, it has been upgraded five times since
ASDF 2 (including once by mistake to an experimental version, which
was promptly fixed). And it's still at 2.010 from 6 months ago, which
is a stable version, but a lot of small improvements have been made
since, including one to better cope with a specific SBCL developer's
use case: SBCL_HOME being relative (in 2.012.9, 2.012.10). I will
certainly request an upgrade to 2.015 when it's released.

You worry too much about your job.  Stop it.  You're not paid enough to worry.