[asdf-devel] versioning

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 18:52:50 UTC 2011

On 27 April 2011 14:14, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> My primary concern is that, if I don't take the time to try out the
> minor commits, a change like the verbosity change would just end up in a
> release. In general, I'd rather see opt-in behavior, which I can ignore
> until persuaded otherwise, than opt-out.

Well I suspected that the change in verbosity might raise comments,
so I raised the question on the list.

Most changes you can ignore -- or so I believe when I make them --
but I *have* been wrong in the past. *Someone* has to do the testing.
It so happens that that person is currently you.
If you want to automate away some of the drudgery, you might help me
setup a server so I could do the testing myself before I release;
but even then, nothing will fully replace
the human eye inspecting the results.

In any case, thanks a lot for your hard work and attention.

My hobby of not attending meetings about recycling saves more energy than
your hobby of recycling.  — John McCarthy