[asdf-devel] 2.014.8

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Fri Apr 22 20:05:14 UTC 2011

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> On 22 April 2011 13:59, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> After building the Quicklisp universe again with 2.014.8, it's clear
>>> that many projects (over 30) are affected by the
>>> ASDF:SYSTEM-DEFINITION-PATHNAME changes. It seems like anything that
>>> uses cffi-grovel is broken, e.g. osicat, gsll, shuffletron, hemlock, and
>>> many more.
>>>
>> Oops. I'll remove that cerror for now, and just have a docstring.
>>
>> Thanks for the testing...
>>
> Please retry with 2.014.9.

I've retried with 2.014.9, and the cffi-grovel-related problems are
gone, but there's an interesting new problem.

2.014.9 includes this line:

  (declaim (optimize (speed 2) (debug 3) (safety 3))) ; XXXXX debug only

At (safety 3), SBCL is more aggressive about type-checking CLOS slots.
As a result of the new declaration of the VERSION slot of a component to
be of type STRING, several projects have systems that fail to load due
to type errors:

  - cl-jpeg uses ":version 1.025"

  - nekthuth uses ":version (format nil "~A" +nekthuth-version+)",
    apparently expecting it to be evaluated

  - js-parser and jwacs use ":version *version*"

  - meta-sexp uses ":version +meta-sexp-version+"

  - rutils uses ":version '(0 3 1)"

Was the :version option evaluated in the past?

Zach