[asdf-devel] 2.014.8

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Fri Apr 22 13:52:43 UTC 2011

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> Following previous discussions on this list and on #lisp, I pushed yet
> another change to ASDF.
>
> The patch includes better support for system-finding functions, and
> caching of source-registry data so we only hit the filesystem the
> first time around. I hope this will make Xach happy. I'll export any
> symbol he wants supported before the next release, if he asks me.
>
> The patch also handles self-upgrades more correctly. It will only work
> if the *old* ASDF is 2.014.8 or later, though.

FYI, the recent updates removing and reinstating
ASDF:SYSTEM-DEFINITION-PATHNAME broke my dist construction machinery,
which relied on the original behavior of that function. Switching to
ASDF:SYSTEM-SOURCE-FILE caused subtle problems for me, because functions
in ASDF:*SYSTEM-DEFINITION-SEARCH-FUNCTIONS* must now return actual
pathname objects, and pathname designators like strings do not suffice.
(They result in a component-not-found error.)

Zach