[asdf-devel] moving old to new asdf

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:11:35 UTC 2011

>>: Antony
>> (asdf:initialize-source-registry
>>   (list :source-registry (list :tree #P"C:/git/")
>>         :inherit-configuration))

This should work, which you can check by looking at
asdf::*source-registry*
and/or using asdf:find-system to see if it can find systems.

>> (asdf:initialize-output-translations
>>   (list :output-translations (list "C:/temp/.fasl/")
>>         :inherit-configuration ))
>>
>> I like all of my fasls to go under appropriate subdirs of C:/temp/.fasl/
>> But, they are all going to
>> c:/Users/Antony/AppData/Roaming/common-lisp/cache...
>>
>> I do not want to create any config files.

You're using the correct interface, but misusing the output-translations.

>: Theam
> Looks like a similar sort of setup to mine here, except I do use config files.
> My asdf-output-translations.conf looks like this:
>
> (:output-translations
>  (t "e:/cl-fasls/")
>  :inherit-configuration)
>
> I'm not really sure of the correspondence to the non-file or programmatic
> API, but playing around with the syntax gives me this (apologies in
> advance for the line-wrapping):
>
> CL-USER> (asdf::compute-output-translations '(:output-translations (t
> "e:/cl-fasls/") :inherit-configuration))
>
> Perhaps you could try
>
> '(:output-translations (t "C:/temp/.fasl/") :inherit-configuration)

Theam is correct. Thanks, Theam!

(asdf::compute-output-translations
 '(:output-translations (t "C:/temp/.fasl/") :inherit-configuration))

If you're wrong against the dominant ideology, you'll be laughed at.
If you're right against the dominant ideology, you'll be hated.