[asdf-devel] Some points raised

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Sep 26 22:40:02 UTC 2010

On 9/26/10 Sep 26 -12:28 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info
> <mailto:rpgoldman at sift.info>> wrote:
>
>     What is broken about having people post questions to asdf-devel?
>     Didier's objection to asdf-devel is that he didn't want to sign up for
>     the mailing list.  Why would it make him any happier to sign up for
>     asdf-help instead of asdf-devel?
>

> Probably the current moderation way is too complicated. In some forums
> the first post is moderated, the rest are not; suscription is not needed.
>

>     I just looked at StackOverflow, and there is an asdf tag there, and one
>     can get updates to that tag using RSS.
>     If that's agreeable, we could list it, as well as the launchpad, in the
>     manual.
>

> I would vote for that. This can be read via RSS, a means of
> communication that I also prefer. I have personally added ASDF and ECL
> to my reader.

I have added ASDF to my reader, as well.

I'm willing to try to answer some questions there (most, currently,
don't seem to be about ASDF itself, but about ASDF-INSTALL, or systems
built with ASDF).

I don't have any intention of biting off ya mailing list, though, esp
since it doesn't seem to make things easier for people with questions.

best,