[asdf-devel] New ASDF maintainer sought

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Sep 13 01:53:28 UTC 2010

On 9/12/10 Sep 12 -2:57 PM, Faré wrote:
>>> ASDF(76): (mapcar #'parse-integer
>>>                   (split-string "2.103" :separator "."))
>>> (2 103)
>>
>> And that is what's annoying, since actually (semantically) 103 is meant as
>> 1.3, no?
>>
> Yup, and it's all my fault for failing to switch numbering during the
> 2.0 release.
> Hopefully, 3.0 will fix that.

Sorry.  I thought the implication was that there was some bug in the
revision number handling, but I see that's not what was meant.

Honestly, I don't know if we have three significant fields worth of
version information, anyway.  We have 2 versus nothing or, perhaps soon
3, indicating different APIs.  Inside 2 we just have individual release
numbers (patch levels).

This closes the door to having an ASDF 2.1 (2.2?), but does anyone
really care that much?  The next version can just be 3 and then 4....