[asdf-devel] CMUCL error

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 04:10:54 UTC 2010

On 22 May 2010 18:23, Devon Sean McCullough <ASDF-user at jovi.net> wrote:
> Today's bleeding-edge ASDF fails to compile in CMUCL
>
> 1 compiler notes:
>
> ../asdf/asdf.lisp:3371:1:
>  error:
>    (during macroexpansion)
>    Error in FDEFINITION:  the function MODULE-COMPONENTS-BY-NAME is undefined.
>
> Compilation failed.

I don't understand what's happening. I don't have easy access to cmucl
at this point. Can you debug it and/or identify which form is failing?
For SBCL I have declare ftype declarations as forward references that
prevent warnings; what would be the equivalent for CMUCL? How come
rtoym didn't report these bugs? Is there something related to some
non-standard compilation settings that you're using?

Reality must take precedence over public relations,
for Mother Nature cannot be fooled.
		— R.P. Feynman