[asdf-devel] find-system

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 21:18:03 UTC 2010

On 18 October 2010 12:46, Lou Vanek <lou.vanek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just deleted ALL FASLs in ~/.cache/* and ~/.slime/* and that didn't
> change anything.
>

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Lou Vanek <lou.vanek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I using asdf version 2.009. That is shown in my first email (in the
>> REPL output).
>>
>> I'm using the asdf that comes with ccl. I have more than one asdf version
>> on my system but they are all older (version 1.x) than the version
>> that comes with ccl-trunk (version 2.x).
>> Just to be sure, I've moved my old version of ASDF to a place where it
>> cannot be found and that didn't change anything, so it definitely is
>> not being used.
>>
>> I'm not sure what other FASLs I could delete; I'm fairly certain I've
>> deleted all old FASLs, but kept only those FASLs that are less than 10
>> days old. I don't need to delete old FASLs if they are only 10 days
>> old, do I? I updated ccl but I thought that didn't require deleting
>> all FASLs since my previous version of ccl-trunk was installed about
>> 10 or so days ago.

Are you starting from a fresh image? Just what are you doing?
If you're compiling CCL yourself, can you post the script you're using?

I compile CCL, dump an image (which doesn't include asdf), start the image,
require asdf, and everything works just great.

Please include EVERYTHING you're doing, from a known state of the world,
or we're unable to reproduce your bug.

Sounds like you're in a weird state where you have loaded an asdf,
then compiled but not loaded another asdf that uninterns some symbols.
Whatever you doing, don't do it.

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
        — Malachy McCourt