[asdf-devel] Incrementally extending the source registry?

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Sat Oct 9 04:02:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Zach Beane wrote:
> Daniel Herring <dherring at tentpost.com> writes:
>> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Zach Beane wrote:
>>> If these are now unpacked in ~/src/fooprojects/, how can I add that tree
>>> to my ASDF source registry by calling ASDF functions?
>>
>> Umm, drop a few :directory definitions or one :tree definition in
>> ~/.config/common-lisp/source-registry.conf.d/NN-fooproject.conf
>>
>> See
>> http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf/Configuring-ASDF.html
>> http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf/Controlling-where-ASDF-searches-for-systems.html
> Is there any way to do it in the running system only, i.e. without
> writing out files?

The old *central-registry* seemed easier in this regard (it still exists,
but obliterates the new mechanism if used).  The new
initialize-source-registry parameter would seem useful (it might do the
right thing if given :inherit-configuration, not sure whether that
preserves existing state).

- Daniel