[asdf-devel] Incrementally extending the source registry?

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Sat Oct 9 02:48:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Zach Beane wrote:

> Say I download a tarball that has a number of projects in it:
>
>  $ tar xzvf fooprojects.tgz
>  fooprojects/neato/neato.asd
>  fooprojects/neato/neato.lisp
>  fooprojects/stuff/stuff.asd
>  fooprojects/stuff/stuff.lisp
>  fooprojects/xyz/xyz.asd
>  fooprojects/xyz/xyz.lisp
>
> If these are now unpacked in ~/src/fooprojects/, how can I add that tree
> to my ASDF source registry by calling ASDF functions?

Umm, drop a few :directory definitions or one :tree definition in
~/.config/common-lisp/source-registry.conf.d/NN-fooproject.conf

See
http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf/Configuring-ASDF.html
http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf/Controlling-where-ASDF-searches-for-systems.html

> Say a few minutes later I download another tarball with a number of
> projects in it:

> If these are now unpacked in ~/src/barprojects/, how can I add that tree
> to my ASDF soruce registry by calling ASDF functions, without losing the
> previous fooprojects registration?

Same, but in NN-barproject.conf

- Daniel